European Art Tours
Welcome to our 2020 ‘Portrait of Europe –
Imperial Splendour’ tour!
What makes our tours so much in demand?
Richard and I personally weave together and guide our leisurely-paced Portrait of Europe Tours.
The repeat guests on every tour are a great indication that each of the tours we create is something unique and extraordinary, with amazing experiences that introduce you to the true magic of each destination.
We pride ourselves on the quality of our tours: the excellent value, attention to detail and the fun, leisurely- paced way we laugh, sing and dance our way through Europe with a small group of like-minded people.
We could not fit all the information and excursions we wished to include into the brochure. Therefore, for extra additional insights plus information about the Oberammergau Passion Play and the daily itinerary of the Douro River cruise on the MV Spirit of Chartwell please click on the Royal barge image to the left.
Continue scrolling down this page for more ‘Tour Features’ and a ‘Contact’ form.
Our 2020 ‘Imperial Splendour’ tour features:
- With the emphasis on diversity we have chosen hand-picked spectacular destinations, adventures and authentic excursions – all woven together to flow effortlessly and seamlessly as we meander our way through some of the best experiences we believe Europe has to offer.
- Leisurely-paced, care-free travel with 3 – 4 night stays in most land-based destinations.
- Beautiful, authentic hotels specifically chosen for their character, quality, service, central location and the superb experience they offer our guests.
- Two highly experienced tour leaders (Richard and myself). We lead our tours as a team, meaning we are able to offer you so much more in experience, diversity, care and choice.
- 7 night luxury cruise on the superb Spirit of Chartwell, used by Queen Elizabeth for her Diamond Jubilee celebrations. The vessel is chartered just for our tour group to revel in. Each day of the cruise there are wonderful excursions, activities and meals to savour.
- In addition to experiencing all of the magic above, for those interested in painting, photography, wine appreciation and European food/cooking, Susan and Richard offer unique and fun life-style choices while on tour:
- For those who would love to try their hand at painting Susan offers the opportunity to learn from her. Imagine capturing your holiday in glorious watercolour while sitting in an ancient village cobbled street, or travelling at leisurely pace along the stunning Douro River. No matter if you have never painted previously or you are an experienced artist – Susan will be there to help you portray the colour of Europe and your trip of a lifetime.
- What better time than when on holiday to learn how to get the most out of your digital camera? Richard will offer a workshop where he shares his expertise on how to create fabulous photographs that capture the magic of your travels, and is happy to answer photography questions at any time.
- Richard has previously worked in the wine business for over 16 years. He will conduct a fun wine appreciation class where you will get to taste and compare some very distinctive European wines.
- Food always plays a wonderful role in our tours. From authentic markets to stunning patisseries, hand-picked restaurants, to fun casual picnics under the canopy of grapevines, in an olive grove or surrounded by beautiful gardens – European cuisine is such an integral part of our tours. Our fabulous ‘Culinary Backstreets’ food sampling tour of Porto is something very special you will never forget!
Feel free to contact Susan and Richard to discuss everything this trip of a lifetime has to offer you:
You may also like to browse some of our previous Portrait of Europe Tours below.
Initially our 2016 Tour was to begin in Turkey, but the security situation there at the time meant that Azamara changed its port of departure from Istanbul to Athens. Therefore we changed the start of our tour to the wonderful country of Croatia, from where we flew to Athens to join the fabulous Azamara cruise.
Magazine article featuring our 2016 tour:
The prestigious UNO lifestyle magazine has created a spectacular feature introducing our 2016 tour.
Please click on the cover of the UNO-Magazine to read the article for our 2016 Tour!
We receive numerous wonderful reviews from our guests. The best recommendation is the number of repeat guests we have on each of our tours! Examples of reviews from our guests:
In 2012 Maree and I booked our first European trip with Susan and Richard to France, Switzerland, and Italy. We were after a no hassle trip that concentrated on unique adventures that were well researched and included a lot of the countryside as well as small towns and villages. Susan and Richard delivered way over and above the call of duty and every day was an exciting adventure that continually raised the bar from the previous day’s itinerary. They made everyone feel very special and catered for everyone’s requirements. Dinners were always lots of fun, trying Richards well researched wines along with the local cuisine. Susan and Richard would go to great lengths to give us very memorable moments that we will cherish for a life time. I could not think of any couple better to travel with. They were so much fun and we will be definitely booking our next trip through them. We strongly recommend you consider Susan’s and Richard’s trip for your next European experience. Kind regards
I just want to thank you both so very very much for the most fantastical fascinating magical oh so enjoyable trip! I loved every minute of it and even though I knew it was going to be marvellous it exceeded my expectations and more. You were both wonderful leaders and kept our group in order, on time and with the wonderful spirit of friendship amongst us all. We all had so much fun and laughter along the journey and the places we stayed at were exquisite and memorable. I find it hard to pick the best bit because it was all ‘over the top’ so good! I think you said it all in a nutshell in your welcome back letter to us about the friendships, places and experiences we all shared. It was very very special and I hope you might do another one day! Best wishes
To see the UNO magazine articles about our highly successful 2014 Tour please click on the cover images below:
Instructional Art DVD’s and Video Downloads
Click on any of the DVD images below to find more in-depth information on the contents of each of the DVDs and Video Downloads.
DVD: Watercolor Masterclass Volume One: “Painting Life-Like Leaves and Vibrant Greens” – for all skill levelsUS$54.50
One-on-One Watercolor Workshops with Susan Harrison-Tustain – for all skill levelsUS$54.50
Painting Watercolor My Way with Susan Harrison-Tustain – for all skill levelsUS$54.50
Watercolor Portrait Workshop with Susan Harrison-Tustain – for all skill levelsUS$54.50