DVD Reference Images for ‘Watercolor Portrait Workshop’
Welcome to the ‘supporting materials page’ for the Portrait Workshop DVD. If you wish to follow along step-by-step with the DVD, it will be useful to print out the following images: 1. The original pencil drawing, 2. the reference photograph and 3. Susan’s finished painting.NOTE: These images are all contained on the DVD discs themselves (in the “workshop-images” folder) but if you have trouble accessing those you can download them from this page.There is a choice of image formats to download. Choose whichever suits your needs best: THE PDF FILES open in Adobe Acrobat reader. This is very useful for onscreen zooming and printing. (The Acrobat Reader is freely available at adobe.com) The Jpeg files may be opened in a great variety of graphics viewers (e.g. Adobe Photoshop). Click the download links of your choice below:
Download your free gift with purchase:
An ever-growing e-album of reference photographs is our gift to you with the purchase of any Susan Harrison-Tustain DVD/s. (Please note: Sales must be made directly via this website to receive this gift).
Do you have trouble finding the ‘right’ subject for your paintings?
Do you wish you had a better camera or skills to enable you to take ideal shots of beautiful subject matter for your paintings?
Do you want images that are perfectly lit and capture clear, crisp detail so you can paint the delicate nuances that will make your painting speak so beautifully to the viewers of your work?
Do you need images of roses but the rose season is over?
Or are you feeling a little blank when it comes to inspiration?
Maybe you would enjoy combining some of these images to create your individual painting. This e-album has a number of images of the same subject matter – all taken from the same angle and using the same light source. This will enable you to work your own magic!
“The power of a composition and good reference material cannot be underrated. I always say you can be the best painter in the world – but if your composition (and reference material) is lacking – nothing can lift that painting beyond a well ‘painted’ study. What we want to achieve are paintings that say so much more than that”.
The Susan Harrison-Tustain reference photograph e-album could be the answer you are looking for.
The security coded e-album of photographs is designed to help you chose your subjects from an array of reference photographs featuring florals, still life, street scenes, figurative, bird studies as well as miscellaneous subject matter. No matter what your preference, we are sure you will find inspiration here. Additional images will be added to the album from time to time to keep your inspiration flowing!
Susan has put together an e-album of awesome reference images for your use. This is a free, bonus, easily down-loadable gift with the purchase of any Susan Harrison-Tustain DVDs.
You may like to use parts of images to create your own composition. We feel this is the ideal gift for the artist who just wants to have their brushes flying without having to first search for the ideal subject matter.
These images are taken by Susan or Richard Harrison-Tustain. They are royalty-free as well as copyright free – and available only to those who purchase Susan’s DVDs from her website.
Please note it is advisable not to use other people’s reference images if you plan to enter a competition with the painting. Almost all competitions exclude the use of such images. Unless of course, you have changed the composition substantially.
“These images are for your pleasure and to help you move forward with your painting. Richard and I hope they bring you, your family and friends as well as patrons inspiration and joy from your finished paintings! Have fun! Susan”
YES, great news! After many requests to have downloadable versions of Susan’s four 2-disc DVD titles we now have those available, so you can play them on your iPad, Android device, laptop, netbook or desktop computer. Of course, one of the best features of a DVD is the chapter menu and the navigation option for easily playing any section you wish. The video platform we have chosen allows this function. It’s called Platform Purple.
To purchase and play the downloadable DVDs the first step is to visit Susan’s DVD download shop (click HERE). Once you have purchased a DVD download and signed up to Platform Purple you are ready to begin watching and learning from Susan’s teaching on any of your devices.
- There are 2 great options for viewing:
1. If you have a reasonably fast internet connection (such as found in most of North America and Europe for example) it is possible to watch the DVD video you have purchased by ‘streaming’. You can do this in your browser (e.g. Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari) by clicking HERE. Then login with your email address and password.
2. If your internet connection is slower, and also if you wish to watch the DVDs offline you are best to ‘download’ the files to your computer or portable device to watch them at your leisure on the free player. The player is available for Windows or Mac desktop computers, laptops and netbooks and for Android or iOS hand-held mobile devices (such as Samsung or iPad tablets and ‘phones). Once you own the DVD download you can play it on any of these devices you have (with the correct version of the player installed for the device). Just go to your ‘My Library’ page (click HERE) and login using the email address and password you registered with. There you will find the download(s) you have purchased and the icons for all the devices for accessing your download. Clicking the relevant icon will provide access information for viewing your download(s). Downloaded files are stored to your computer or device, so please ensure there is sufficient space for them. The files for the 4 DVDs are about 1.5 to 2 Gb each
- I mentioned above that one of the great features of our downloads via Platform Purple is that the menu and navigation functions found on the DVD discs are retained. In the player window just click on the word ‘Chapters’. A list of all the chapters opens up so you can easily click on the one you wish to play.
- Another resource you will find useful are the reference images relating to the download. You can find those in pdf format if you click on the ‘Additional Media’ button, or ‘Attachments’
- There are also the options to alter the video playing speed and to loop a section of video so you can see it several times. In the browser playing window just click on the ‘advanced controls’ Or in the ‘Purple Player’ window click on the little toothed wheel (bottom right). When moused over it says ‘Settings’.
- For any questions you have or information you may require about the downloads ‘Platform Purple’ has a very good ‘Help Center’ and ‘Customer Support’ service – click HERE to access it.
- The price of the DVD downloads is in US$ and is the same as the price of a physical DVD set, but with NO added shipping cost. With downloads we obviously incur no DVD disc production costs, but there is a cost to have the DVD downloads hosted and available for purchase. This cost is, in fact, higher than the cost of physical discs + shipping. For a very reasonable price the downloads provide great convenience and practicality for viewing of Susan’s DVDs, especially on the portable devices that are becoming ever more popular.
- To enjoy the downloadable versions of Susan’s DVDs, please visit her shop by clicking HERE.