Welcome to our 2016 ‘Portrait of Europe – The Best of the Best’ tour!
What makes our tours so much in demand?
Richard and I personally weave together and guide our leisurely-paced Portrait of Europe Tours.
The repeat guests on every tour are a great indication that each of the tours we create is something unique and extraordinary, with amazing experiences that introduce you to the true magic of each destination.
We pride ourselves on the quality of our tours: the excellent value, attention to detail and the fun, leisurely- paced way we laugh, sing and dance our way through Europe with a small group of like-minded people.
Our 2016 ‘Best of the Best’ tour features:
- With the emphasis on diversity we have chosen hand-picked spectacular destinations, adventures and authentic excursions – all woven together to flow effortlessly and seamlessly as we meander our way through some of the best experiences we believe Europe has to offer.
- Leisurely-paced, care-free travel with 3 – 4 night stays in most land-based destinations.
- Beautiful, authentic hotels specifically chosen for their character, quality, service, central location and the superb experience they offer our guests.
- 11 night five star cruise on the top-rated Azamara cruise line.
- Two highly experienced tour leaders (Richard and myself). We lead our tours as a team, meaning we are able to offer you so much more in experience, diversity, care and choice.
- In addition to experiencing all of the magic above, for those interested in painting, photography, wine appreciation and Mediterranean food/cooking, Susan and Richard offer unique and fun life-style choices while on tour:
- For those who would love to try their hand at painting Susan offers the opportunity to learn from her. Imagine capturing your holiday in glorious watercolour while sitting in an ancient village cobbled street, or amidst the Swiss Alps, surrounded by wild flowers and the sound of cow bells.. No matter if you have never painted previously or you are an experienced artist – Susan will be there to help you portray the colour of Europe and your trip of a lifetime.
- What better time than when on holiday to learn how to get the most out of your digital camera? Richard will offer a workshop where he shares his expertise on how to create fabulous photographs that capture the magic of your travels, and is happy to answer photography questions at any time.
- Richard has previously worked in the wine business for over 16 years. He will conduct two fun wine appreciation classes where you will get to taste and compare some very distinctive European wines.
- Food always plays a wonderful role in our tours. From authentic farmers markets to stunning patisseries, hand-picked restaurants, to fun casual picnics under the canopy of grapevines, in an olive grove or surrounded by beautiful gardens – Mediterranean cuisine is such an integral part of our tours. Our fabulous French cook-school with master chef Andonis in Cuq en Terrasses is something very special you will never forget!
To find out more – click to view our official ART TOUR 2016 brochure.
Due to the trouble Turkey is currently facing we have felt it necessary to change to another wonderful destination for the initial 6 days of our 2016 tour:
We are excited to begin the first 6 days of our Portrait of Europe – The Best of the Best 2016 Tour, in spectacular Croatia and historic Athens!
Our new ‘start of tour’ additional brochure will introduce you to some of the magic Croatia and Athens will reveal during these initial six days of our tour!
We have woven together a wonderfully diverse, authentic tapestry of experiences and destinations allowing us to immerse ourselves in the colour, history, culture and natural beauty these ancient countries have to share with us.
We then continue with the original tour brochure from Mon 29th August when we board our five star 11 night luxury cruise in Piraeus – the port of Athens and cruise to exotic destinations. Disembarking in Venice!
This is still just the beginning of our leisurely-paced tour…read on to discover more of the hand-picked land destinations, authentic experiences and adventures we have chosen – just waiting for you to explore with us.
You may also like to browse some of our previous Portrait of Europe Tours below.
Scroll down this page to see photos of destinations we will visit on our 2016 tour. Feel free to contact Susan and Richard to discuss everything this trip of a lifetime has to offer you:
We receive numerous wonderful reviews from our guests. The best recommendation is the number of repeat guests we have on each of our tours! Examples of reviews from our guests:
In 2012 Maree and I booked our first European trip with Susan and Richard to France, Switzerland, and Italy. We were after a no hassle trip that concentrated on unique adventures that were well researched and included a lot of the countryside as well as small towns and villages. Susan and Richard delivered way over and above the call of duty and every day was an exciting adventure that continually raised the bar from the previous day’s itinerary. They made everyone feel very special and catered for everyone’s requirements. Dinners were always lots of fun, trying Richards well researched wines along with the local cuisine. Susan and Richard would go to great lengths to give us very memorable moments that we will cherish for a life time. I could not think of any couple better to travel with. They were so much fun and we will be definitely booking our next trip through them. We strongly recommend you consider Susan’s and Richard’s trip for your next European experience. Kind regardsRay & Maree
I just want to thank you both so very very much for the most fantastical fascinating magical oh so enjoyable trip! I loved every minute of it and even though I knew it was going to be marvellous it exceeded my expectations and more. You were both wonderful leaders and kept our group in order, on time and with the wonderful spirit of friendship amongst us all. We all had so much fun and laughter along the journey and the places we stayed at were exquisite and memorable. I find it hard to pick the best bit because it was all ‘over the top’ so good! I think you said it all in a nutshell in your welcome back letter to us about the friendships, places and experiences we all shared. It was very very special and I hope you might do another one day! Best wishesJan
To see the UNO magazine articles about our highly successful 2014 Tour please click on the cover images below:
DVD’s and Video Downloads
Order Susan’s highly acclaimed and popular instruction DVD sets below.
DVD: Watercolor Masterclass Volume One: “Painting Life-Like Leaves and Vibrant Greens” – for all skill levelsUS$54.50
One-on-One Watercolor Workshops with Susan Harrison-Tustain – for all skill levelsUS$54.50
Painting Watercolor My Way with Susan Harrison-Tustain – for all skill levelsUS$54.50
Watercolor Portrait Workshop with Susan Harrison-Tustain – for all skill levelsUS$54.50