You have asked for it and now we are ready to launch the:
Susan Harrison-Tustain School of Painting!
What does this mean for you?
- Susan Harrison-Tustain School of Painting On-Line Painting Critiques
- Susan Harrison-Tustain School of Painting 6 Month On-Line Painting Courses
- Susan Harrison-Tustain School of Painting One on One Workshop (in Susan’s studio)
The Susan Harrison-Tustain School of Painting is designed for all levels of skill from beginners to advanced and professional artists.
As artists we often reach a plateau in our painting journey - we want to move forward but are not sure how.
The Susan Harrison-Tustain School of Painting is specifically designed to help you understand and reach your full potential.
"After twenty years of teaching painting workshops in New Zealand, US and Europe, and an internationally best selling North American published book, as well as best selling watercolor DVDs - the demand for my painting tuition is far outweighing the time I have. So I have created The Susan Harrison-Tustain School of Painting where on an individual basis I can lift your work to the next level and beyond. My school of painting is about understanding your goals and then you and I working together to achieve them. Depending on which mode of tuition you chose, I can tailor an Art Critique, a personlized One on One Workshop in my studio or a 6 month Painting Course specifically to meet your needs.
A personal critique of your artwork, online workshop and private One on One painting workshops are the ideal way to learn how to paint in Watercolor and Oil – and extend your painting skills, understanding and knowledge.
Do you want help with your painting? Do you want to learn:
- how to choose your subject
- how to create the best compositions
- what to leave out
- what to avoid
- what to emphasize
- how to interpret your subject
- how to analyse your subject
- how to really ‘see’ you subject
- where to begin to paint
- how much water to use with your watercolor paint
- how to apply your paint
- how to create smooth washes
- how to paint underwashes and underpainting
- how to create a yellow tonal map underpainting
- what medium to use in oil painting
- how much medium to use
- all about color mixing
- color temperature
- push pull of color
- complementary color
- how to create form
- how to make a subject emerge from a dark background
- how to make a subject present itself
- how to make your subject become enveloped in the background shadows
- how to create realistic shadows
- shadows that sing with color
- luminous transparent shadows
- local color
- how to mix luminous greys
- to create harmony in your work
- how to paint vibrant rich colors
- how to mix muted colors
- how to paint soft delicate colors
- why do we need muted colors
- how to retain highlights
- how to regain highlights
- smooth washes
- how to create texture in a painting
- how to create atmosphere and mood
- how to paint a shiny surface
- how to paint folds in fabric
- how to paint a matte surface
- how to paint backgrounds
- how to paint black hair
- how to paint blonde hair
- how to paint brown hair
- how to paint skin tone
- how to refine a painting
- how to fine-tune a painting
- how to varnish an oil painting
- how to frame a painting
The list is endless. Suffice to say if you would like to take this rare opportunity to have One on One tuition through a painting critique of your work, one of my 6 month on-line Painting Courses or the creme de la creme of workshops: a One on One Private Workshop with me in my studio - then the Susan Harrison-Tustain School of Painting is here for you.
I like to think of these opportunities as an invaluable investment in your painting journey/career.
It has taken a lifetime of learning to paint and a great deal of trial and error to have reached this stage of my career as a professional artist. Chose your method of tuition and I will share the knowledge, breakthroughs and essential painting skills that have paved the way for me to enjoy a highly successful international career in both watercolor and oil painting.
Click on the image to discover the opportunities I am offering you: